Guardian Live Q & A – Managing Volunteers On A Tight Budget
Hallo, and a Happy New Year from all of us here at AVM.
On behalf of AVM, I’m taking part in The Guardian’s first live Q & A of 2012: ‘Managing Volunteers On A Tight Budget’ on Tuesday 10 January from 1-3pm.
Managing volunteers is critical to many charities’ functions. As budgets tighten, they need to find new ways to recruit, manage and retain volunteers, delivering better services to their beneficiaries at reduced cost.
With this in mind, the Q&A will look at how charities can ensure they are using volunteers efficiently without breaking the bank, considering:
- Volunteer management best practice
- What help and support is available
- The role of digital innovation in volunteer management
You can join the discussion live here.
Other panellists include:
- Samantha Sparrow, Head of Volunteering, Catch 22
- Sue Jones, Training Manager, Warrington Voluntary Action
- Rob Jackson, Founder, Rob Jackson Consulting
Do feel free to join us and gain (or give) useful information and tips to help volunteer managers feeling restricted by the resources available to them.
Update: You can see a round up of the discussion here.