- 5:00pm – 6:30pm – Thursday 13th February 2014
- Edge Street, Manchester M4 1HN
On the 8th Jan, 4 of us met for the first time as part of the revived northern network of volunteer managers. It was great to connect with each other and to hear about how the group has been very useful in the past. Broadly we agreed that the objectives of the group are:
- To provide professional peer support to one another – a safe space to ask advice, share difficulties and successes, as well as occasionally say “arggghhh!!”
- To share learning and allow a space for creative thinking
- To consider how we support the wider development of volunteering and volunteer management through the networks we are involved in and encourage each other in our own professional development too.
We agreed that members of the group would take it turns to chair it – perhaps by bringing a theme to look at or an issue they would benefit from discussing.
If you work in volunteer management and would find a group like this useful, we warmly welcome you to join us.
Hope to see you there
National Volunteering Manager – Refugee Action
Originally posted here: ivo.org