AVM Network Day 10th December: Alternatives to the traditional (and tired…) Corporate Volunteering approaches of team building days.
- Are you thinking about how you can get the most out of your Corporate Volunteering?
- Do you think the traditional model of Teams painting halls and planting trees is tired and out dated?
- Do you think we fail to make the best use of skills that Corporates have to offer?
This event is kindly supported and hosted by the Jewish Volunteering Network
- Jewish Volunteering Network
- 44a Albert Road, London NW4 2SJ
10:00 am Arrivals, Tea and coffee and Informal networking
10:30 am Welcome from AVM
10:35 am Structured networking
11:00 am – Why does understanding volunteering matter to corporates?
Peter Massey – Budd UK
A friend, on the board of a bank, was faced with this dilemma. “We spend enormous amounts of management time, effort & money trying to motivate our staff to give their best performance. And according to our employee surveys we do ok but….. But when we gave our employees free reign and asked them to raise £2m for a charity, they raised £10m in a week. Surely we can learn something from that?”
How can charities get the most out of working with corporates in this way?
12.00 pm Lunch
12:45 pm – A practical approach to building alternative corporate partnerships
Geraldine McCarthy – Age UK Camden
Finalist – Third Sector Awards – Volunteer Manager of the Year
Winner – Age UK John Ramsey Award 2015 for Inspirational Volunteer Management
- What do you do to respond to one off requests
- How to deal with Organisations without Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programmes
- How to bring Colleagues for the Journey
- Not losing sight on the End Game
1.30 pm Open Space (with tea and coffee)
An opportunity for attendees to lead or request discussions on topics relevant to them, drawing on peer support to explore challenges and celebrate successes
2.30 pm Final comments and evaluation
3.00 pm Close