- Struggling to juggle competing demands of your employer, your volunteers and your beneficiaries?
- Trying to manage ever expanding workloads through thinly stretched and overworked teams?
- Hoping to improve communications and relationships between volunteers and paid teams?
- Facing uncertainty, and regularly having to adapt to change and new ways of working – whilst supporting volunteers to do the same?
AVM is pleased to offer our members a space on this free practical taster workshop, with former volunteering manager Karen Janes. In this practical taster workshop you will find out more about workplace mindfulness can help you and your volunteers to overcome stress, build resilience and improve your wellbeing.
You will also:
- Explore the many evidence-based benefits of mindfulness in the workplace
- Try out mindfulness practices yourself
- Consider how you can integrate mindfulness practices into your workplace
- Take home immediately usable self-care practices and practical tips for bringing mindfulness into the working day
Karen is a certified workplace mindfulness facilitator, working with organisations, teams and individuals to develop bespoke mindfulness sessions and programmes that both support business outcomes and improve personal wellbeing.
Karen is a volunteering professional with over 20 years experience of leading volunteering development programmes at national charities. She has previously been on the Board of AVM and is committed to supporting volunteering managers to build resilience and improve their working lives.
Advisory on workshop activities
This workshop may include one practice that involve physical movement. If you do not feel comfortable taking part in this activity, you are not required to, and it should not detract from the benefits of this workshop.
If you do take part, be sure to check you have a safe space around you, remove any obstacles, and do as little or as much of the activity as you choose.
This event is free for AVM members: places are limited, but a waiting list is in operation. Attendees need to register on Eventbrite, and will be sent Zoom details before the event. If you are not a current AVM member, your place will be cancelled.
Members’ access code is in your latest members’ email, or get in touch.