Have you had your say on the Vision for Volunteering for England?
We want to hear from you!
Anyone with an interest in the future of volunteering can join this Chat about the Vision for Volunteering. It doesn’t matter what sector you’re in, whether you’re a volunteer or work in this field: Your Voice Matters
The strength of our Vision will come from the diversity of its voices. We need all communities engaged if we are to open up the power of volunteering for everyone.
The Vision is a journey, not a destination – so let’s focus on practical actions. We’re just as interested in what we can do straight away as what we want volunteering to look like in ten years.
Join us for Live Chat to discuss the Vision for Volunteering, Friday 18 February, 12 – 1 pm, hosted by members of the Vision for Volunteering Working Group.
- What’s the biggest issue you’re currently experiencing in your current volunteering operation? e.g. recruitment and retention, diversity, quality assurance, volunteer experience.
- What’s the one thing you love to develop in your volunteering operation but haven’t been able to yet? e.g. a new role or partnership, a new management practice, an IT upgrade, a new way of capturing volunteering value.
- What’s your key takeaway about volunteering from the Covid era? What issues arose that the whole sector needs to tackle? Or what emerged that you think we should build on?
- What’s the biggest barrier to volunteering reaching more people and playing a bigger and more effective role in society? This issue is probably a long-standing challenge that many in volunteering would recognise. It was probably an issue prior to Covid, and still is.
We’re talking about the parts of the volunteering system that we need to target in order to tackle the issues or capitalise on the opportunities that you’ve identified. These are structural factors underpinning effective volunteering efforts (or getting in their way).
Our six enablers are:
- Addressing barriers in volunteering, and reducing bureaucracy
- Raising awareness of volunteering
- Tapping into corporate responsibility and employee volunteering
- Volunteer Management and Good Practice
- Quality and Assurance
- Service Design & Commissioning
Please RSVP to let us know if you’re coming.
We look forward to seeing you on Friday 28th January, at 12 pm for this Chat.
About the Vision for Volunteering
Vision for Volunteering is a cross-sector, inclusive consultation and engagement exercise that aims to develop shared, ambitious, and actions-focused recommendations to shape volunteering in England* over the next 10 years.
To help us shape this vision, we’ve already run a series of workshops organised around seven thematic strands:
The Vision for Volunteering Framework aims to enable inclusive, accessible and valuable volunteering in England, by:
- Improving understanding of the needs of the volunteer-involving sector as a whole, and highlighting the support and resources required to enable volunteering activities to thrive
- Producing an achievable, actionable vision with practical short, medium and long-term activities that can be implemented
- Providing a platform for a broad cross-section of people and organisations to contribute to achieving the vision
Vision for Volunteering is a collaboration across the voluntary and community sector, led by NAVCA, NCVO, Volunteering Matters, the Association of Volunteer Managers and Sport England.
* Similar work has already been done in the other Nations. More information about the Vision can be found on the FAQs section of the website.