The Association of Volunteer Managers (AVM) is an independent membership body that aims to support, represent and champion people in volunteer management in the UK regardless of field, discipline or sector. It has been set up by and for people who manage volunteers.
AVM’s work is to:
- facilitate and support effective peer-to-peer networking of those involved in volunteer management locally, regionally and nationally
- campaign and speak out on issues that are key to people who manage volunteers
- develop information and good practice resources on volunteer management
If you manage, co-ordinate or administer volunteers or volunteer programmes, directly or indirectly, then AVM is for you.
Aims and objectives
Association of Volunteer Managers are to promote the management of volunteers for the benefit of the public by:
- liaising with charities, voluntary organisations, government agencies, private sector bodies and other groups on relevant issues;
- providing information, advice, training, conferences and seminars on subjects relevant to the management of volunteers;
- providing information to the press and the public on the management of volunteers;
acting as a representative of volunteer managers in relation to policies and legislation.
The Association of Volunteer Managers is a company limited by guarantee no. 6224866.
Our correspondence address and registered office is:
Association of Volunteer Managers
- 2-6 Tenter Ground,
- London, E1 7NH
Related company documents
AVM Constitution (updated 2017)