The Association of Volunteer Managers (AVM) is an independent membership body that aims to support, represent and champion people in volunteer management in England regardless of field, discipline or sector. It has been set up by and for people who manage volunteers.
The AVM aims to:
- facilitate and support effective peer-to-peer networking of those involved in volunteer management locally, regionally and nationally
- campaign and speak out on issues that are key to people who manage volunteers
- develop information and good practice resources on volunteer management
If you manage, co-ordinate or administer volunteers or volunteer programmes, directly or indirectly, then this is the Association for you.
The aims and objectives of the Association of Volunteer Managers are to promote the management of volunteers for the benefit of the public by:
- liaising with charities, voluntary organisations, government agencies, private sector bodies and other groups on relevant issues;
- providing information, advice, training, conferences and seminars on subjects relevant to the management of volunteers;
- providing information to the press and the public on the management of volunteers;
- acting as a representative of volunteer managers in relation to policies and legislation.
The Association of Volunteer Managers is a company limited by guarantee no. 6224866.
Our correspondence office is Association of Volunteer Managers, PO Box 1449, Bedford, MK44 5AN.
Our registered office is Association of Volunteer Managers, 78 Carlyle Avenue, Southall, UB1 2BJ.