Read our latest news, and updates from our members.
- An Updated Open Letter to Senior Managers and Boards of Volunteer Involving and Deploying Organisations in all Sectors
- Build your confidence in 2021: become a mentor
- Thank you for your help in 2020
- 2020 AGM and Update from the Board of Directors
Find out more about our upcoming public and members’ events.
- AVM members workshop – Thu 22 Jul – Understanding communication styles to support volunteers
- AVM members workshop – Tue 6 Jul – An introduction to making meetings better
- AVM members workshop – Tue 22 Jun – Introduction to mindfulness in the workplace
- AVM learning event – Wed 16 Jun – Volunteer Power: engaging volunteers to make change
- Save the date: AVM Annual Conference 2021 – Wed 20 & Thu 21 October
Our income comes from membership fees and ticket sales which we invest back into our work directly supporting those in volunteer management.
- we have over 400 members
- our events last year welcomed over 1,500 delegates
- we are led by volunteer managers
- Support our work and join us today!
Check out our jobs board for all the latest jobs across the UK in volunteer management.
If you’re recruiting, you can submit a job to our board.
AVM supports the #ShowTheSalary pledge and if your role doesn’t have an advertised salary we will not share it unless you provide us with that information.
Find out why we believe organisations should #ShowTheSalary, and why AVM backs this campaign.
We have resources for AVM members looking for a new role, in the members’ area.
Covid-19 and volunteering
Volunteering will continue to be impacted a s the Covid-19 pandemic continues. There is separate guidance on coronavirus for the four nations: