Covid-19 and volunteering
Volunteering will continue to be impacted a s the Covid-19 pandemic continues. There is separate guidance on coronavirus for the four nations:
- Northern Ireland
- Volunteering-specific guidance for Scotland (Volunteer Scotland)
- Volunteering-specific guidance for Wales (gov.wales)
Read our latest news, and updates from our members.
- Save the date for AVM’s 2021 conference
- Build your confidence in 2021: become a mentor
- Thank you for your help in 2020
- How being a mentor gives me insight
- Why I signed up to be an AVM mentor
- Netball volunteers and a volunteer strategy: a silver lining around a very grey COVID cloud (part 2)
- Netball volunteers and a volunteer strategy: a silver lining around a very grey COVID cloud (part 1)
- Looking to the future of volunteer management in the new normal
- What’s the point of a volunteer manager?… on furlough during Volunteers’ Week
Volunteer Power: engaging volunteers to make change (L&D event)
June 16th, 09:30 – 12:30 | Tickets £40 (non-members) / £25 (members, with discount code)
- Do you want to unlock the power of volunteers to help create social change?
- Are you looking for ways to enable volunteers to use their voice to influence and put pressure on decision makers?
- Do you want tips on how to show the impact of volunteers who raise awareness and campaign for your charity?
We’ve brought together volunteer managers and campaigners to share their experience working with changemaking volunteers. Our speakers will share tips on how they empower and support volunteers to help effect change and the challenges they’ve encountered along the way.
AVM Book Club: Struggle, with guest author Grace Marshall (member-only event)
Tuesday 25 May 2021 | 16:00 – 17:00 | online on Zoom
Let’s face it, life has been hard lately. In a world obsessed with fast hacks, quick wins, and Instagram-perfection, struggle has become a taboo. But what if we’ve got it all wrong about getting it wrong? Join us for AVM’s members’ book club and discuss this fresh new take on Struggle with author Grace Marshall.
Tickets are still available. AVM members should click on Tickets and enter the event access code to reveal availability of tickets.
Our income comes from membership fees and ticket sales which we invest back into our work directly supporting those in volunteer management.
- we have over 400 members
- our events last year welcomed over 1,500 delegates
- we are led by volunteer managers
- Support our work and join us today!