Volunteer Managers have a lot to bring to trusteeship. You stand to benefit from enhanced skills and strategic experience, not to mention an understanding of what it’s like to be on the other side of the trustee fence!
We are pleased to have been able to offer this workshop for AVM members, partnering with Getting On Board.
This session will cover the role of charity trustees, common misconceptions and how to find and apply for a position on a charity board.
Did you know?
- There are 100,000 vacancies for charity trustees in the UK
- Trusteeship is open to all ages, backgrounds and skill sets
- Trustees can be any level of seniority in their day job
- The level of time commitment is modest (30 hours a year)
- Most people don’t know what a trustee is or that trusteeship is open to them
- 96% of trustees said they had learned new skills and 84% said being a trustee made them happier.
This session is particularly intended for Volunteer Managers who haven’t been a trustee before and would like to find out more.
Watch again with AVM Replay
AVM members can log in to access the recordings from this and other events.
Not an AVM member?
If you’re not an AVM member, you can join AVM today to gain access to these recordings, as well as other benefits of AVM membership, including:
- A back catalogue of selected past events, in our Resources section of the website
- Discounts to future public events – including our annual conference, which takes place every October
- AVM BiteSize webcasts
- Exclusive member-only events, including AVM’s book club
- AVM Connect, our random matching, connecting you to expand your networks
- AVM’s mentoring programme
- A private member-only group on the Voluntary Voice online forum