- Interested in attracting a more diverse volunteer base?
- Interested in targeting volunteers from a particular demographic?
Hear from our experienced speakers on different strategies for attracting a more diverse volunteer base, as well as presentations from organisations that have identified specific demographics they are keen to recruit.
You will hear about the process of identifying the need and assessing the benefits throughout an organisation, then various approaches to targeting and recruiting volunteers from different demographics.
We will hear the experiences of three organisations working with older, younger and LGBT volunteers. We will also hear from two umbrella organisations that are developing or have developed strategies for attracting diverse volunteers in general.
Watch again with AVM Replay
AVM members can log in to access the recordings from this and other events. Watch:
- ‘Older volunteers make great sense!’, Bryan Precious, Age UK
- ‘Attracting LGBT volunteers’, Geraldine McCarthy, Age UK Camden
- ‘Diversity in Sports Volunteering’, Jenny Betteridge, Sport England
- ‘Welcoming younger volunteers’, Matilda Wallis, SS. Great Britain
- ‘Inclusivity in volunteering’, Charlotte Handel and Rupal Karia, Heads of Volunteering, Volunteer Centre Hackney
Not an AVM member?
If you’re not an AVM member, you can join AVM today to gain access to these recordings, as well as other benefits of AVM membership, including:
- A back catalogue of selected past events, in our Resources section of the website
- Discounts to future public events – including our annual conference, which takes place every October
- AVM BiteSize webcasts
- Exclusive member-only events, including AVM’s book club
- AVM Connect, our random matching, connecting you to expand your networks
- AVM’s mentoring programme
- A private member-only group on the Voluntary Voice online forum