Do you struggle to recruit younger volunteers? Are you keen to make progress in this area but aren’t sure where to start? If so, this event is for you! Join us to discuss how we can make sure younger volunteers are part of our organisations’ futures.
Starting with a panel discussion, we’ll hear from a mix of volunteer managers and young volunteers talking about their experiences. Covering organisations starting out in youth volunteering to those still innovating after many years, this will be an interactive session hosted by #iwill Ambassadors. After discussing areas of your own concern and helping each other to tackle those issues, and with help from panel members, we’ll come back to hear a marketing expert present on the reality of marketing to younger people.
In this event you will:
- Hear from volunteer managers about their experiences in recruiting and working alongside young volunteers
- Gain insight from a marketing specialist on what engaging young people means
- Reflect on the viewpoints of young volunteers themselves
- Discuss and analyse your own challenges in this area, and plan for action with other volunteer managers
We’re delighted that our panel discussion will be hosted by #iwill Ambassadors from Wales and England, and our panel will include young volunteers from RNIB and MACS.
Event delegates will also be able to watch our exclusive BiteSize with Ian Newbery, Volunteers and Training Manager at The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Manager and SE regional volunteer at The Scouts Association. In this BiteSize, Ian discusses the recent history of youth volunteering opportunities, as well as previous and current practice, and how young people’s engagement with organisations has evolved over time. Ian also talks about how organisations are adapting to respond to these changes, as well as thoughts about the current crisis and how that is impacting youth volunteering.
- 09:20: The event starts at 09:45am, but join us from 09:20am for pre-event networking.
- 09:45: Welcome, introductions and ice breaker (Sarah Merrington, AVM)
- 10:00: Panel discussion and Q&A. The panel will be hosted by Lucy Aur, Welsh #iwil Ambassador, and Harry Twohig, English #iwill Ambassador. The panel includes young volunteers, and volunteer managers experienced in working with younger people.
- 10:45: Break
- 11:00: Action Learning Sets. Delegates will have the opportunity to discuss and problem-solve in small groups some of the challenges they face when involving younger volunteers.
- 11:30: Break
- 11:40: Marketing to Younger People (Matt Haworth, Reason Digital CONFIRMED)
- 12:10: Q&A with speaker from marketing agency
- 12:20: Wrap up and closing remarks
- 12:30: Event ends, but delegates are welcome to stay for informal networking until 13:00
AVM members can find their exclusive members’ discount code in the latest members’ email. Not an AVM member? Join today.
If you have accessibility requirements to attend this online event please let us know in the checkout form. If you’d like to discuss your requirements before booking, please get in touch h[email protected]