Do you struggle to recruit younger volunteers? Are you keen to make progress in this area but aren’t sure where to start? If so, this event is for you! Join us to discuss how we can make sure younger volunteers are part of our organisations’ futures.
Starting with a panel discussion, we’ll hear from a mix of volunteer managers and young volunteers talking about their experiences. Covering organisations starting out in youth volunteering to those still innovating after many years, this will be an interactive session hosted by #iwill Ambassadors. After discussing areas of your own concern and helping each other to tackle those issues, and with help from panel members, we’ll come back to hear a marketing expert present on the reality of marketing to younger people.
In this event you will:
- Hear from volunteer managers about their experiences in recruiting and working alongside young volunteers
- Gain insight from a marketing specialist on what engaging young people means
- Reflect on the viewpoints of young volunteers themselves
- Discuss and analyse your own challenges in this area, and plan for action with other volunteer managers
We’re delighted that our panel discussion will be hosted by #iwill Ambassadors from Wales and England, and our panel will include young volunteers from RNIB and MACS.
Event delegates will also be able to watch our exclusive BiteSize with Ian Newbery, Volunteers and Training Manager at The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Manager and SE regional volunteer at The Scouts Association. In this BiteSize, Ian discusses the recent history of youth volunteering opportunities, as well as previous and current practice, and how young people’s engagement with organisations has evolved over time. Ian also talks about how organisations are adapting to respond to these changes, as well as thoughts about the current crisis and how that is impacting youth volunteering.
Watch again with AVM Replay
AVM members can log in to access the recordings from this and other events. Watch:
- Panel discussion and Q&A
- Marketing to Younger People (Matt Haworth, Reason Digital)
- BiteSize with Ian Newbery (Volunteers and Training Manager at The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Manager and SE regional volunteer at The Scouts Association)
Not an AVM member?
If you’re not an AVM member, you can join AVM today to gain access to these recordings, as well as other benefits of AVM membership, including:
- A back catalogue of selected past events, in our Resources section of the website
- Discounts to future public events – including our annual conference, which takes place every October
- AVM BiteSize webcasts
- Exclusive member-only events, including AVM’s book club
- AVM Connect, our random matching, connecting you to expand your networks
- AVM’s mentoring programme
- A private member-only group on the Voluntary Voice online forum