An AVM Masterclass, with Lucy Gower
Are you having the same conversation over and over again about volunteer management, but don’t feel you are getting anywhere? Do you feel like you’re dealing with the same issues year on year, and job to job? In this online masterclass, you’ll learn to unlearn your assumptions and explore techniques to help you get unstuck, so you can move forward positively.
In the first part of the masterclass with Lucy Gower, an innovation pioneer from the world of fundraising, will share universal techniques to help us unlearn what we think we should do. In the second part, you will work in small groups on particular challenges where you’re currently feeling stuck, applying the techniques you’ve learnt to your volunteering contexts.
In this masterclass you will:
- Discover techniques to get to the root of an issue
- Learn how to analyse and challenge your own assumptions
- Explore ways to unlearn assumptions and thinking patterns
- In small groups, share with your peers your challenge, and practice some of the techniques you have learned today
- Have opportunities to network with other volunteer managers.
About Lucy Gower
Lucy Gower is founder and director at Lucidity. She is a coach, trainer and facilitator specialising in giving people the confidence and tools to think creatively, get unstuck, develop new ideas and make their innovations happen. She is bestselling author of The Innovation Workout and a global speaker on innovation. Lucy is passionate about helping people get unstuck, unlock their creativity and get the important work done. She enjoys working on projects with the potential to make a positive impact on the world.
Lucy was the first Innovation Manager at the NSPCC, where she helped teams to think creatively and support them to turn their good ideas into action.
Lucy is also founder of the Lucidity Network, which she set up to to help leaders, teams and organisations have the confidence to think clearly and get powerful results.
Lucy lives in Devon, and is PA to Gary Gower, a Wire Fox Terrier.
Watch again with AVM Replay
AVM members can log in to access the recordings from this and other events. Watch:
Not an AVM member?
If you’re not an AVM member, you can join AVM today to gain access to these recordings, as well as other benefits of AVM membership, including:
- A back catalogue of selected past events, in our Resources section of the website
- Discounts to future public events – including our annual conference, which takes place every October
- AVM BiteSize webcasts
- Exclusive member-only events, including AVM’s book club
- AVM Connect, our random matching, connecting you to expand your networks
- AVM’s mentoring programme
- A private member-only group on the Voluntary Voice online forum