The intention here is to examine how organisations approach the recruitment process, with a view to considering the long-term objectives. Does “meaningful” mean volunteers who will remain in your organisation for a long time, or does it mean bringing in people who will enjoy rewarding volunteering throughout the sector? Should organisations take a broader perspective, or are we necessarily driven by less altruistic motives?
With a cross-section of smaller and larger organisations represented, we aim to address some of the key issues that affect all organisations looking to recruit volunteers. There will be open space discussions for attendees to share their own particular challenges and successes.
Watch again with AVM Replay
AVM members can log in to access the recordings from this and other events. Watch:
- ‘Getting your house in order: five step to being volunteer-ready’, Hazel Finney, Lead – Volunteering, Community Impact Bucks
- ‘Attracting great volunteers’, Stephen Hill, Head of Volunteering, Parkinson’s UK
Not an AVM member?
If you’re not an AVM member, you can join AVM today to gain access to these recordings, as well as other benefits of AVM membership, including:
- A back catalogue of selected past events, in our Resources section of the website
- Discounts to future public events – including our annual conference, which takes place every October
- AVM BiteSize webcasts
- Exclusive member-only events, including AVM’s book club
- AVM Connect, our random matching, connecting you to expand your networks
- AVM’s mentoring programme
- A private member-only group on the Voluntary Voice online forum