- Do you need to kick start the cultural change within your organisation?
- Are you keen to engage new types of volunteers to reflect the changing role and image of your organisation?
- Can we encourage volunteering as a general activity, rather than a specific role within a single organisation?
This Learning and Development day will be looking at innovative programmes to involve and engage a new generation of volunteers. Examining the volunteer journey from assessing the organisations’ needs, recruiting suitable volunteers, training, engaging and supporting volunteers and integrating new recruits into the existing programme.
It will also address the vital role of research in the strategic thinking of volunteer organisations and how to use data effectively in presenting the role of volunteers to stakeholders.
We will also consider ways to encourage organisations to embrace volunteering as a dynamic resource, rather than a “cheap alternative to staff” We will look at bringing senior directors along on the journey of volunteer development and progression.
There will be roundtable discussions and networking sessions to allow all attendees to share their own experiences and an opportunity to take a guided tour of the incredible SS. Great Britain.
AVM wishes to thank the South West Museum Development Programme, English Heritage and the SS. Great Britain for their support and sponsorship of this event.
Watch again with AVM Replay
AVM members can log in to access the recordings from this and other events. Watch:
- ‘New responses to old and new challenges’, Eleanor Moore, Sustainable Volunteering Officer, South West Museum Development Programme (SWMDP)
- ‘Meaningful engagement begins with recruitment’, Stephen Hill, Head of Volunteering, Parkinson’s UK
- ‘How research feeds into organisational change’, Anneka Coleman, Volunteer Development Manager, English Heritage
- ‘Welcoming younger volunteers’, Matilda Wallis, Volunteering Manager, SS. Great Britain
- ‘Taking the lead – How volunteer managers can upsell the new approach to senior directors’, Matt Hick, Volunteer Development Manager, Science Museum Group / Chair of Heritage Volunteering Group
Not an AVM member?
If you’re not an AVM member, you can join AVM today to gain access to these recordings, as well as other benefits of AVM membership, including:
- A back catalogue of selected past events, in our Resources section of the website
- Discounts to future public events – including our annual conference, which takes place every October
- AVM BiteSize webcasts
- Exclusive member-only events, including AVM’s book club
- AVM Connect, our random matching, connecting you to expand your networks
- AVM’s mentoring programme
- A private member-only group on the Voluntary Voice online forum