- Are you looking for inspiration in rewards and recognition of volunteers?
- Do you agree that resource is better spent on communicating satisfaction with existing volunteers than recruiting replacements for dissatisfied ex-volunteers?
- Should recognition be an inherent part of the volunteer experience from day one?
Recognising the efforts and dedication of volunteers is fundamental to maintaining engagement and motivation.
We will consider a range of methods for making volunteers feel valued and appreciated, and look at some successful examples of reward and recognition programmes from the volunteer sector. We bring together experiences from large and small organisations, a look at using data analysis to compare different reward and incentive programmes and a presentation about the Queens Award for Volunteer Services.
There will be networking opportunities and roundtable discussions to enable everyone to share their own experiences, challenges and successes.
Watch again with AVM Replay
AVM members can log in to access the recordings from this and other events. Watch:
- ‘Awards and recognition -Updating 150 years of history in the British Red Cross’, Chris Reed, Director of Volunteer Mobilisation, British Red Cross
- ‘Volunteer recognition within a smaller organisation’, Geraldine McCarthy, Age UK Camden
- ‘Volunteering at Battersea Dogs and Cats Home’, Charlotte Fielder, Head of Volunteering & Fostering, Battersea Dogs and Cats Home
- ‘How we can use data to understand the effectiveness of different rewards and incentives’, Chris Martin, TeamKinetic
- ‘Queens Award for Voluntary Service’, Chris Reed, Director of Volunteer Mobilisation, British Red Cross:
Not an AVM member?
If you’re not an AVM member, you can join AVM today to gain access to these recordings, as well as other benefits of AVM membership, including:
- A back catalogue of selected past events, in our Resources section of the website
- Discounts to future public events – including our annual conference, which takes place every October
- AVM BiteSize webcasts
- Exclusive member-only events, including AVM’s book club
- AVM Connect, our random matching, connecting you to expand your networks
- AVM’s mentoring programme
- A private member-only group on the Voluntary Voice online forum