An AVM learning and development event, hosted by Sport England
- Is your organisation made up of local or regional groups?
- Are your local activities delivered by groups of volunteers?
- Are your volunteer groups run by committees?
- Do local volunteer groups form part of your governance structure and constitution?
- Do you want to engage new diverse volunteers to run your activities?
If you have answered yes to any of these then this workshop is for you. We want to bring together organisations from across the UK to share good practice in group volunteer management:
- hear about the changing world of group volunteering;
- discuss whether committee structures are still the way forward or an ageing volunteer practice;
- meet organisations that run local activities in an alternative way;
- and brainstorm solutions to volunteer management of local groups.
Special thanks to Sarah Merrington and Jenny Betteridge for all their time, energy and support in the preparation of this event.
This event was hosted by Sport England
Watch again with AVM Replay
AVM members can log in to access the recordings from this and other events. Watch:
- Revolutionising local committee leadership in netball, Laura Elson, Consultant, England Netball
- Our journey so far, Andy Broomhead, Head of Volunteering, Diabetes UK
Not an AVM member?
If you’re not an AVM member, you can join AVM today to gain access to these recordings, as well as other benefits of AVM membership, including:
- A back catalogue of selected past events, in our Resources section of the website
- Discounts to future public events – including our annual conference, which takes place every October
- AVM BiteSize webcasts
- Exclusive member-only events, including AVM’s book club
- AVM Connect, our random matching, connecting you to expand your networks
- AVM’s mentoring programme
- A private member-only group on the Voluntary Voice online forum