Effective volunteer management can drive income and increase store efficiency
The CRA has identified good volunteer management as the most pressing issue facing charity retail organisations:
- What’s the best practice for managing volunteers in a retail environment?
- How can we support store managers to utilise volunteering as a resource?
- Do you want to to break the silos and explode the myths of retail volunteering?
This event will examine ways to bring good volunteer management practice and experience into the retail sphere. In particular: how to engage and involve a new generation of potential volunteers; how to safeguard and protect volunteers and staff; how to develop new volunteering roles; how to help retail managers understand and utilise the full potential of volunteers.
Watch again with AVM Replay
AVM members can log in to access the recordings from this and other events. Watch:
- ‘The social value of volunteering in a charity shop’, Robin Osterley, Chief Executive, Charity Retail Association
- ‘Restructuring retail volunteering’, Roy Clark, Director for Retail and Trading, Barnardo’s
- ‘Growing a retail operation’, Liz Reed, Volunteering Business Partner and Karen Janes, Head of Volunteering Development, Blue Cross
Not an AVM member?
If you’re not an AVM member, you can join AVM today to gain access to these recordings, as well as other benefits of AVM membership, including:
- A back catalogue of selected past events, in our Resources section of the website
- Discounts to future public events – including our annual conference, which takes place every October
- AVM BiteSize webcasts
- Exclusive member-only events, including AVM’s book club
- AVM Connect, our random matching, connecting you to expand your networks
- AVM’s mentoring programme
- A private member-only group on the Voluntary Voice online forum