This event took place June 16th, 09:30 – 12:30
- Do you want to unlock the power of volunteers to help create social change?
- Are you looking for ways to enable volunteers to use their voice to influence and put pressure on decision makers?
- Do you want tips on how to show the impact of volunteers who raise awareness and campaign for your charity?
Well, look no further, this is the event for you!
We’ve brought together volunteer managers and campaigners to share their experience working with changemaking volunteers. Our speakers will share tips on how they empower and support volunteers to help effect change and the challenges they’ve encountered along the way. There will be a panel discussion, giving you the chance to gain more insight from our speakers. You’ll have the opportunity to network with other volunteer managers as well as reflect and plan what you’ll do next to unlock the power of volunteers to create social change.
At this event you will learn:
- How to empower and support volunteers to use their voice to make change
- How to involve volunteers with lived experience in campaigning or awareness raising
- Tips on dealing with challenging situations involving staff and volunteers when volunteers go “off script”
- How to show the impact of volunteers in making change happen
Watch again with AVM Replay
AVM members can log in to access to the recordings from this and other events. Watch:
- Morgan Vine, Head of Policy and Influencing at Independent Age
- Kaye Brennan, Head of Campaigning at The Wildlife Trusts
- Caroline Mark, Head of Volunteer Engagement at Prostate Cancer UK
Not an AVM member?
If you’re not an AVM member, you can join AVM today to gain access to these recordings, as well as other benefits of AVM membership, including:
- A back catalogue of selected past events, in our Resources section of the website
- Discounts to future public events – including our annual conference, which takes place every October
- AVM BiteSize webcasts
- Exclusive member-only events, including AVM’s book club
- AVM Connect, our random matching, connecting you to expand your networks
- AVM’s mentoring programme
- A private member-only group on the Voluntary Voice online forum