Volunteering and Sport have the power to change lives, but do all Volunteer Managers Face the Same Issues?
Volunteers in sport make up the highest percentage in the UK (22%), and volunteer management is a focus for many sporting organisations looking to expand the capacity of their sport. With the spotlight on volunteering brought about through the Gamesmakers of the London 2012 Olympic Games, what lessons have been learned about effectively engaging volunteers in sports organisations?
Volunteer Managers at Sports organisations address certain issues that are unique to the sports sector. However, they also face many issues that are universal. What can the sports sector learn from the charity sector about how to manage volunteers well?
This event aims to bring together presenters and delegates from sports and non-sports volunteer organisations, to see how sharing experiences, challenges and successes can be of mutual benefit to all.
Several of our speakers will be sharing their personal experiences of both sports and non-sports volunteering and volunteer management.
Watch again with AVM Replay
AVM members can log in to access the recordings from this and other events. Watch:
- ‘Combining the power of Sport with Volunteering’, Jenny Betteridge, Strategic Lead for Volunteering, Sport England
- ‘Volunteer Management in Sport vs the Charity Sector’, Kerry Marland, England Athletics and Alex Beaumont, LTA/British Tennis
- ‘Sport volunteering academic research’, Dr Fiona Reid, Glasgow Caledonian University and Dr Lindsay Findlay-King, University of Northumbria
Not an AVM member?
If you’re not an AVM member, you can join AVM today to gain access to these recordings, as well as other benefits of AVM membership, including:
- A back catalogue of selected past events, in our Resources section of the website
- Discounts to future public events – including our annual conference, which takes place every October
- AVM BiteSize webcasts
- Exclusive member-only events, including AVM’s book club
- AVM Connect, our random matching, connecting you to expand your networks
- AVM’s mentoring programme
- A private member-only group on the Voluntary Voice online forum