AVM’s conference, by its members, for our profession
The AVM conference is always a highlight in our year. Even though we say so ourselves we believe it is the premier event in the UK for volunteer managers, leaders and heads of volunteering.
We always try to bring together some of the best speakers from our sector, people who are at the forefront of volunteer management and thought-leadership, and those from outside of volunteer management, who will challenge and provoke us to think differently.
This year, for obvious reasons, we are unable to hold our conference face-to-face, so this year we are holding it on Zoom.
The 2020 conference will be held across two mornings – Wednesday 21 and Thursday 22 October. On each day we will have a keynote speaker with a Q&A, eight workshops to choose from on a variety of themes, and a panel session at the end of each morning
We realise the opportunities to network and chat to other leaders of volunteering from across a variety of sectors and organisations are more limited online, so will be using Zoom meeting, which allows you to chat with one another. We will also be hosting two optional ‘cuppa and a chat’ sessions, on the afternoons of both days, for more networking, and to reflect on what you’ve heard during the morning.
Watch again with AVM Replay
AVM members can log in to access the recordings from this and other events. Watch:
- Keynote: Martha Awojobi – Charity So White
- Keynote: Martin Houghton-Brown, Chief Executive St John Ambulance
- Workshop A: ‘Inspiring Impact – NCVO Charities Evaluation Services – The importance of measuring your impact: a practical guide’, Amira Tharani, Senior Consultant, NCVO Charities Evaluation Services
- Workshop B: ‘Generating youth engagement with your organisation’, Anjali Raman-Middleton, Student Organiser, UK Student Climate Network
- Workshop C: ‘Employer Supported Volunteering (for your own employees)’, Claire Booth, Volunteering Development Manager, Fairtrade Foundation
- Workshop D: ‘Establishing an alumni network’, Morven MacLean, Head of Volunteering , Children’s Hospices Across Scotland (CHAS)
- Workshop E: ‘The links between volunteering and wellbeing – findings from research’, Ingrid Abreu Scherer, Civil Society Lead at the What Works Centre for Wellbeing
- Workshop F: ‘First steps in volunteer management – making great relationships’, Laura Hamilton, Laura Hamilton Consulting
- Workshop G: ‘How to Integrate Coaching & Mentoring in your Organisation: Start with the Why’, Sherie Olmstead, Managing Director of ‘Energy for Life and Soul’, Personal & Professional Coach
- Workshop H: ‘Influencing colleagues effectively’, Stephen Hill, Head of Volunteering, Parkinson’s UK
Not an AVM member?
If you’re not an AVM member, you can join AVM today to gain access to these recordings, as well as other benefits of AVM membership, including:
- A back catalogue of selected past events, in our Resources section of the website
- Discounts to future public events – including our annual conference, which takes place every October
- AVM BiteSize webcasts
- Exclusive member-only events, including AVM’s book club
- AVM Connect, our random matching, connecting you to expand your networks
- AVM’s mentoring programme
- A private member-only group on the Voluntary Voice online forum