Do any of these sound like you?
- “I am a strategic/ organisational leader for volunteering at my organisation”
- “I manage or lead activities to enable volunteering to happen”
- “I provide administrative support to enable volunteering to happen”
- “I directly line manage or lead volunteers as my main role”
- “I supervise volunteers as part of my day-to-day role (but my job title is not volunteer manager)”
- “I am a volunteer who manages or leads other volunteers”
- “I provide strategic guidance to others as part of a central or regional function, or organisation”
- “I am an independent consultant in volunteering”
If you answered yes to any of the above, or if you work with volunteers in another capacity – whatever the sector – then AVM is for you.
Becoming a member of AVM
Our members are what makes AVM special. Whatever your involvement in volunteer management, if you’re looking for a supportive network of professionals dedicated to leading and growing volunteering in the UK, we’re here for you.
By joining the Association of Volunteer Managers as a member you’ll be inspired, engaged and supported by a large network of volunteer management professionals across the country.
You can join AVM as an individual member, or if you join as an organisational member, your whole organisation is able to access all of AVM’s benefits.
What are the benefits of AVM membership?
As a member of AVM you benefit from a range of benefits to help you develop as a leader of volunteering. By joining AVM you can benefit from:
- Discounts on AVM’s public peer learning events and our annual conference.
- Access to exclusive member-only events, including our book club, Challenge Sessions, roundtables and workshops.
- Join AVM’s mentoring, which is exclusively available to AVM members. AVM members can join the programme either as either a mentor or mentee
- Exclusive access to our premium content, including BiteSize webcasts, and AVM Replay, video recordings and presentations from previous AVM events.
- Support to connect with your peers, through regular facilitated networking, the online networking site Voluntary Voice, regular networking events, and opportunities for you to volunteer with AVM.
How much does AVM individual membership cost?
Our annual membership fees for individual membership are great value. Our membership levels are based on your salary, and we also have a reduced rate if you are managing volunteers in a voluntary capacity.
Individual membership is not transferable.
|Up to and including £25,000
Can my organisation join AVM?
Yes, of course!
By joining AVM as an organisation, you’ll place your organisation at the forefront of volunteering development, and ensure that staff and volunteers are inspired, engaged and supported by a large network of volunteer management professionals across the country.
All benefits of AVM membership apply to all your directly employed staff and volunteers who work with volunteers.